Friday, November 1, 2013

Off To Neverland!!

So this Halloween I had every intention of pretending it didn't exist. For three perfectly sound reasons.

Reason #1: Who ever heard of a Thursday holiday?! (Thanksgiving doesn't count cause you get out of school.)  How am I suppose to celebrate with my 2 hours of free time I get on Thursdays. Yeah, you couldn't think of anything either.

Reason #2: I am probably the least crafty person ever so thinking of a creative costume would just frustrate me. (and usually does frustrate me which is why I haven't dressed up since Sophomore year in high school)

Reason #3: WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE SCARING THEMSELVES?! I personally like to sleep at night...

Sound reasons right?! ... Keni and McKenna didn't think so. Their solutions?

Solution #1: Yes, it's a Thursday but you can go out to dinner (They solidified this by mentioning that I wouldn't have to do dishes and I already had a meal plan paid for) and then watch a "scary" movie. Alright fine... 

Solution #2: They already had a theme and costumes ready. Keni was going to be Hook, McKenna was going to be Tiger Lily, and they told me to be Smee. The best part though was these costumes were Disneybound outfits (Google disneybound and you'll see what I mean). 

Solution #3: Get over it. Thanks guys...

Sooo Wednesday Keni and I set out to find some costume items that we needed. Which included a red beanie, a hook, and hipster glasses. But, that wasn't the exciting part. The excited part was what we actually found.... Sun-Staches "The original Mustache Sunglasses" Oh yes, they are as exciting as they seem.


May I Present:
The Sun-Staches

For my hipster side:

My French side:

So I don't feel lonely eating at the MarketPlace

So I've decided they are my new best friend and I will treat them like flat Stanley. 

Anyway! Back to Halloween! So I wore my outfit, which looks more hipster than Smee, all day and got SO many compliments on how cute I looked. So I guess I'm meant to be a hipster now. But I also came to the conclusion that it takes a lot of work to be hipster. So basically I'm to lazy to be a hipster... sad day. 

Since we actually wanted people to see our costumes together we went to the MarketPlace. But that's not even the best part! Me and Keni (Hook and Smee) tied McKenna (Tiger Lily) up with twine (we are not very prepared pirates) and marched her to dinner. Yup, we're awesome!


Can we PLEASE tie you up?!

She wasn't pleased...



Trying to escape...

Keni dropped her spoon. We all laughed.

She stole my hat!!

"Do it again! I was taking a selfie!!"

So naturally we fought again...

Stuffed!

Mustache

The whole gang!

Awesome!!


Well, that was Halloween!

A couple of side notes from the past week:

I had my first Symphony concert! So fun :)


Aren't they just so cute?!

Next, The band-aid box for the month is... Monster University!


And I also like the fall leaves! Logan is sooo pretty! Actually people laugh as I walk by cause I chase them in the wind... I think I'm 5...

This is outside our dorm

Also, I'm home to the weekend and Steve and I took use of the post Halloween clearance candy for the drive! (I used my charm and persuasive powers.)


Also, I'm in a short film... watch if you wish
(refer to the end of this post for further explanation)




Sorry that was so long... but a lot happens in college!

1 comment: