Saturday, November 23, 2013

Barber, Scriabin, and Holst

Here is a musical update for y'all!

I am currently learning the Barber Violin Concerto 1st Movement and I adore it! Such an amazing piece of music! Listen to it:




In symphony we performing (tonight!) Scriabin's prometheus and Holst's Hymn of Jesus. I started out disliking both of them but now I am in love with them and I'm sad that tonight is the end. Just so you know: Scriabin wrote a light show for it and to the extent of our knowledge, we are the first to follow exactly what Scriabin wrote! So yeah, it's amazing. We also have a 100+ person orchestra. Yeah, it's as big as you think!

The first part of this video is explaining the piece and I suggest listening to all of it!

The Holst put simply is: cool. If you have time listen to it! I can't find a good video to post because they are all broken up into parts. But I highly suggest listening to it!

To top things off we have an amazing guest conductor Dr. Laura Jackson. She is an amazing person and a fantastic conductor!

That's my musical update!


1 comment:

  1. Hi. :) I nominated you for the Liebster Award! http://motherofpearlbymckenna.blogspot.com/2014/01/an-award.html

    ReplyDelete