Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Catching Fire

I saw Catching Fire today... and my mind is blown. It's all I can think about so you probably don't want to know my opinions, but I have to get this out there.

First of all: If you haven't seen it yet GO SEE IT BEFORE YOU READ ON! 

....

Watched it yet?

....

Good! Let's get right to it then!

To start I just have to say that the second book was my favorite so walking into the movie I was nervous that they totally botched it.... no. no they didn't. 

I like making things into lists, SO here is my list of reasons why I loved it (in no particular order. I just had to organize my thoughts in some way so this post wasn't a crazy jumble of words!)

1. Finnick Odair. Just yes. He is one of my favorite literary characters! He was my favorite character to get to know in the books. His whole back story and personality is amazing. Plus he's super attractive. Now I know a lot of people were worried about Sam Claflin playing Finnick, but WHY? He is a babe! And he played Finnick perfectly! His reaction to hearing Annie's voice (heart = melted), his entire attitude toward Katniss (cocky on the outside but he really cares), and just everything about his performance was amazing. I don't think I really need to go on... just look at the picture!


2. The Joanna was absolutely perfect!! Seriously! (and for those who were wondering "where have I seen her before?!" She was Lydia is the newest Pride and Prejudice with Keirra Knightley)

3. Jennifer Lawrence is amazing. She did even better in Catching Fire than in the first movie. How she was able to show two different kinds of love, fear, hope, and other complex emotions in one film is beyond me! Just a spectacular performance. And she is also just a funny girl. I love watching her interviews!

4. I love how they didn't focus on the "love triangle." I hate when people get so caught up in it.

5. With number 4 being said, I am going to give my opinion though. Peeta is kinda the perfect man. He can handle himself in the arena, and he can also understand feelings and actually help the situation. Gale just makes Katniss angry at the world and then she does stupid things!

6. To follow up with the whole "Peeta and Gale thing" I'm just going to say that Josh Hutcherson is a babe and they made his hair SO much better in this one! Yay!

7. The costumes and Effie. Just yes. Both were so fantastic. And let's not forget Ceaser!!

8. The arena was amazing. Especially when it collapsed! Wow, even better than what I imagined!

9. They left out the part where she meets the people going to district 13. GOOD! It really served no purpose except to get the idea rolling.

I am sure there is much more to come but that's all for today! Feel free to comment about your thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. I went and saw it last night! And they did do a good job....I still like Gale better.... :)

    ReplyDelete